Photo: Faye Mozingo
"For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." II Corinthians 5: 14, 15
The Easter season has always been the most important holiday to me because as a young girl I was particularly drawn to the presence of God during the Holy Week services in my church. Imprinted on my mind is the distinct sense of the price the Son of God paid for me, and for all, as I sat in Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services. I eagerly attended church during that week. I believe these services were formative in my early search for an understanding of God. Later, as a young mother I often sang at community Good Friday events. I remember the special stillness in the air throughout the city since the stores and businesses closed from noon to three o'clock in honor of the time Christ spent on the cross.
Once I committed to serve the Lord with my heart and life, I felt compelled to represent Him. Everyday and everywhere, I felt compelled to show His love. I have had times of spiritual laziness. Yes, there have been days of, " Help me Lord, I'm overwhelmed with my own physical pain, must I forge ahead!" My fleshly imperfection was, and is, evident but I feel compulsion to try again. Each year Easter reminds, prods and refreshes my energy to thank Him for His death and celebrate His resurrection while letting His Spirit compel me, "...those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again."

No comments:
Post a Comment