Tuesday, August 17, 2010

His Handiwork I See



This week I attended the funeral of my eighty-seven year old aunt. As I prayed, sang and received the sacrament of communion at the service I thought about how her life inner-twined with mine. I recalled the visits to her home remembering her laugh and personality. An opportunity to spend a few hours with other aunts and uncles in their eighties and nineties was so precious to me. I listened and reminisced as we revisited the days gone by. My eyes watered and my heart danced while remembering the love that each one showed me over my lifetime. As I tenderly kissed their cheeks my mind overflowed with thankfulness for the prayers they have faithfully lifted up for me. God's handiwork is woven throughout their journey with Him, evidenced by their strength and perseverance as each one suffered loss of loved ones or loss of health. Returning home I gazed at His handiwork around me throughout the beautiful shades of green covering the hills seated perfectly against the orange and pink sunset. I couldn't resist singing Ralph Carmichael's song, "He's Everything to Me."

In the stars His handiwork I see, On the wind He speaks with majesty; Though He ruleth over land and sea, What is that to me? 'Til by faith I met Him face to face And I felt the wonder of His grace, Then I knew that He was more than just a God who didn't care, who lived away out there, And now He walks beside me day by day, Ever watching o'er me lest I stray, Helping me to find that narrow way, He's everything to me, He's everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...