Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Still Astonished!



Amazing grace, how sweet the sound! The door of my heart opened several decades ago and welcomed God’s gift of grace. I marveled in the months that followed. Why me? How can the Creator of all look upon this imperfect person and see me with His righteousness.

I’ve turned the pages on many calendars since finding the Redeemer but I’m still awed by the unmerited favor. Actually, I’m even more astonished that He is mindful of man when there seems to be so much sin and rebellion in our world. “What is man that You are mindful of him. Or the son of man that You take care of him? You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned Him with glory and honor, And set Him over the works of Your hands. You have put all things in subjection under His feet.” For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Hebrews 2: 6-9    

Yes, His voice is still calling and wooing. His grace, forgiveness and mercy are available. I pray for our nation as I observe the battle to hush Christianity. So, His Spirit reminds me today as it spoke to me decades ago,  ”You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5: 13, 14

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
Oh my Lord, stir within me and fellow believers an urgency to live and move in such a manner that others will know of Your grace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...