Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Guard


Philippians 4: 6 and 7 are verses that we learn when we first come to know the Lord, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Here I am, decades later, and the One who guards my heart and mind is faithfully bathing my spirit with His peace while the world around me is chaotic. The testimonies and life stories of saints have always played a part in my journey toward peace.

As I read the writings of people like Edith and Frank Schaeffer, Jill Briscoe and Bill Bright, I discover the Guard over their lives was called upon by each of them continuously. Until his last breath Bill Bright relied on the peace of God for strength and self-control of his speech and mind during pain and the dying process. Edith Schaeffer openly shares in her many books the lonely, searching experiences she and Frank worked through in the desire to be in the will of God. So, I find myself in good company as I lean heavily on My Father and Guard for peace in the midst of a very difficult season of my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...