Sunday, July 19, 2009

Aging Well



Recently, Psalms 71: 18 drew me to meditate on the words of David as he pleaded with God.
"Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare Your power to the next generation,
Your might to all who are to come." NIV
I believe our lives should not slow down or become slack when it comes to purposely speaking into the lives of those younger than ourselves. Yes, the method of spreading information on God's principles and commands has to prayerfully be timed and worded. But, sometimes as we age there is a tendency to "retire" and "take it easy" instead of watching for opportunities to speak into the daily lives of those in younger generations.
And, in my view there is an urgency to make differences in lives because the evidence of God and His power are strategically stifled in many arenas these days. Edith Schaeffer declares in What Is A Family?, "It is direct disobedience to God to not make known His truth." I find myself praying the words of David as the days of my calendar pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...