Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"You follow Me"



Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."
As recorded in John 21: 22, the third time Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection, He turned to Peter with instructions. He told Peter to "Feed My sheep......Follow Me." It wasn't long before Peter turned around, seeing John, and asked the Lord about John's future or instructions. Jesus simply said, what is that to you? I gave you my plan for your life.

God gives me assignments and instructions as I read His Word and pray. But, sometimes I get tripped up in analyzing or looking around to see what others are thinking or doing. Oh, what a waste of my time and energy, for there is nothing more wonderful or peaceful than yielding to God's plan for my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...