Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mary's Composition


In Luke Chapter one Mary composes a song of praise to God. After welcoming God's call, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word," (verse 38) Mary responds with words of worship that are mostly passages of God's Word from the Old Testament. She almost recites His previous promises. I believe she was overcome with astonishment and amazement at the commitments He made to His people.

I can almost hear her sing, "My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." (verse 47) I find verse 50 very profound at this time. "And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation." His mercy is free. His mercy is available. His mercy is cleansing. His mercy is comforting. Generations each carry their share of sin, shame and depravity. My prayer for this generation is that we all will fear Him. And, in turn, be filled with worship and magnify His name to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...