Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Basics



Beginning a new year reminds me to plan and schedule my events, appointments and activities. First, a new calendar is such fun. Calendars on our phones, computers, walls, or Dayrunners challenge us to be on time and remember those loved one's birthdays. Secondly, life demands so much of our energy, work and brain-power. How will I divide myself this year? Thirdly, my heart yearns to read so many good books. My shelves are filled with stimulating, informational options, where will I begin for 2011?

Simultaneously I find myself jolted and checked. Just what should my main focus be? Should more of my strength and time be spent on growing in grace and love? Will I apply adequate attention to developing more of the fruit of the Spirit as listed in Galatians 5: 22 and 23? Mercy, how about that concept! God extended mercy to me, possibly I need to inquire of the Lord on how I can better extend that mercy to others. Could it be that 2011 should be a "Back to the Basics" year in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...