Sunday, February 27, 2011

Strength on Our Pilgrimage



God willing, the days of our lifetime are many. Our journey through the phases of life is long and complex. In II Timothy 4: 7 we can respect Paul's accomplishments, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

How do we travel this pilgrimage with strength and dignity? We call on the strength of God at every turn. God promises in Psalm 84: 5 and 10, "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, Whose heart is set on pilgrimage...For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper (stand at the threshold) in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness." The mountain lion in my photo is a story of hunting victory for my brother-in-law.  I, symbollically, hope to walk in the strength of a lion as I await the return of the Lion of Judah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...