Thursday, February 10, 2011

Harmony



Notes of beautifully played music create a mysterious fulfillment, peace and joy within me. Choral harmony stirs a sense of exhilaration in my mind and brings on a smile. At times symphonic unity erases frazzled nerves or calms a racing heart. I like the concept of harmony. The symmetry and coherence harmony provides in home, relationships and life is hard to describe. But the most profound effect on my life is the harmony I find with the Lord. No matter what demands are upon me, no matter what circumstances surround me, if I am in harmony with God the Father, there is unexplainable surety and peace. This harmony must be pursued though. The Word of God is the conductor of this symphony. Psalm 32: 8 and 9,"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eyes. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding. Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you." Our loving Father wants us to be filled with joy. He wants us to abide in Him that our joy may be full. And He promises that His grace is sufficient for us in all situations when we are looking to Him for our inward harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...