Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Grandchild's Thoughts?

Janie Kate is the youngest of my fourteen grandchildren. What will be her recollection of my life when she reaches adulthood? If anyone of my grandchildren were asked to compose a biography of my time on this earth, how would it read? This wondering buffets and reminds me of my responsibility to live my life as if a record-keeper shadowed me each day. Most of my reading in my spare time focuses on Christians who lived and served Christ in days gone by.

Personally I am so inspired by the work and struggles of believers who have prevailed. Some who have served were torn with heartache because of the false teachings of the church and betrayal of fellow-believers. So many pushed forward to spread the gospel through weakened constitution and disease. Several found poverty and rejection at every road. Personal days of doubt cropped up without warning. My spirit has been energized by the writings on Albert Benjamin Simpson 1843-1919, Clara Tear Williams 1858-1937, William Spencer Walton 1850-1906, and Elizabeth Rundle Charles 1828-1896.

I find myself introspective and challenged as I study the journeys of Christians. Humbly I pray for growth and wisdom as I travel my days in the name of the Lord. God's grace is sure and He will extend mercy and forgiveness to me. But, I desire to represent Him in such a manner that my grandchildren could pen statements that would inspire them to stand strong when they deal with doubt or temptation. Realistic statements concerning struggles that resulted in victory. Statements of hope for God's presence in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...