I believe there is a dire reality of the need for another type of managing our lives and habits. I grieve over the current spiritual status of our nation, churches, and believers who profess God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Lack of knowledge of God's word and the infallibility of the scriptures results in 'lazy' or casual Christianity. The spiritual status indicators reveal some church goers willingly accept interfaithism that has watered down the doctrine that Jesus Christ is the singular way to eternal life. And, of course, Christians are surrounded by secular and worldly behavior. Could we trim our time spent watching television and movies that have very little to add to our lives? Must we be a part of that chat room? Do the books I'm reading contribute to my positive spiritual status? What spiritual food can I eat to improve my life? The good news - both our financial and spiritual states can be improved and beneficial to our existence with some planning and adjustments. Our financial status is not entirely under our control, but our spiritual status undoubtedly is.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Trimming the Budget
I believe there is a dire reality of the need for another type of managing our lives and habits. I grieve over the current spiritual status of our nation, churches, and believers who profess God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Lack of knowledge of God's word and the infallibility of the scriptures results in 'lazy' or casual Christianity. The spiritual status indicators reveal some church goers willingly accept interfaithism that has watered down the doctrine that Jesus Christ is the singular way to eternal life. And, of course, Christians are surrounded by secular and worldly behavior. Could we trim our time spent watching television and movies that have very little to add to our lives? Must we be a part of that chat room? Do the books I'm reading contribute to my positive spiritual status? What spiritual food can I eat to improve my life? The good news - both our financial and spiritual states can be improved and beneficial to our existence with some planning and adjustments. Our financial status is not entirely under our control, but our spiritual status undoubtedly is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment