| The handsome young teen in the background photo is my Father. |
For decades I have sought out women who have more time in the Kingdom than I. Books, conferences, online teachings and socializing with these ladies have been part of making me who I am today. I have read many books by Jill Briscoe of Telling the Truth ministries and have had the privilege of sitting under her at a conference. Currently I glean ongoing examples of godly living by listening to her teachings on line.
Ruth Bell Graham was another author I’ve enjoyed and I love her free verse poetry style. I’ve mentioned Edith Schaeffer over and over again in my blog and continue to re-read her material. A few close friends over my lifetime have inspired me more than they’ll ever know. In my daily life I enjoy watching mature Christian women, eagerly listening to see if they will deposit a bit of life-changing knowledge into my life.
Raising a family and being a wife are daunting responsibilities. I’ve had many heavy-hearted moments when I needed extra strength and insight. So often that insight came from one of those ladies. I will continue to seek and admire unpretentious, but incredibly strong women, to aid me in my journey with the Lord. I’m convinced another woman’s help is part of His plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment