Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Sisters and Brothers in the Lord
I have been a Christian for a long time. Ministering and studying side by side with many servants and followers of Christ is such an honor and privilege. By far, one of the most valuable aspects within the body of Christ I enjoy the most, is the presence of an undeniable bond that exists between followers. That link is hard to describe but is similar to an umbilical cord that connects one soul to another.
My heart instantly is broken when I discover a sister or brother in the Lord who is in pain, physical or spiritual. I ache for the tired or weary sister in the Lord. I grieve for that brother in the Lord who struggles with disappointment or rejection. I cry out to God for my fellow believer who receives a bad report from the physician. I weep for my friend who is dealing with the death of a loved one.
I cherish the friendship and prayers of fellow-travelers in our faith. Ultimately I am exceedingly grateful for the spirit to spirit connection we have during our time on earth. For that connection is warm and comforting in a sometimes cold and egocentric world. That cord that cannot be broken is a spiritual wonder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment