Sunday, September 16, 2012
"...and make Our home with him"
One verse reveals so much at times. John 14: 23 - Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” My heart is finding comfort and prompting simultaneously as I meditate on this verse.
My heart is warmed and strengthened by God’s promise of the Trinity to come to me and abide in me. I, one who is a sinner saved by grace, am ashamed that I am not doing all I can to keep His word. Therein lies the prompt. The Holy Spirit reminds me to be more of an ambassador of God. I must be a better representative. Jesus says, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word.” Yes, the ‘ifs’ always have requirements.
Almighty Father, Blessed be Your name, O holy God. My hope is in You. I praise You as You continue to teach, lead and guide me. Extend Your grace to me as I seek to love You more. Amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment