Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Message Never Changes


 
 
For two weeks I have been on my own private journey back in time. Visiting online and hard cover writings about men and women God graciously used to evangelize different parts of the world, what a rich way to spend my time. God reveals His truths to affect our daily thoughts and actions. And, of course, He often enables willing follower’s revelations to be spread over large geographical areas. And thankfully many of their stories are recorded in print.
So I’ve spent time with F. B. Myer, Christian David, John Wesley, Hudson Taylor, A. B. Simpson, Evan Roberts who was part of the Welsh Revival in 1904, and others. I did not read extensively on each and I only mentioned a few that came across my pages.  I did read at length on the Keswick Convention, Evan Hopkins was the main speaker. The beginning of this conference began in 1875 and continued for several years in Germany, England and other places.

I spanned several centuries in my search. The outcomes of my devotional path are many: God’s statues remain true and effective, God continues to call us, the struggle between flesh and spirit remains, He offers the solution to sin through His Son, God wants our total surrender, and He will return for a spotless bride. By far, a deeply felt result of this journey is His affirmation that He wants me to continue in my desire for His will. My hunger for examples of righteousness pleases Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...