2. Loneliness
One can be
in her home, filled with family members eating, playing, catching up on current
events, texting or enjoying a good read on their Kindle, yet she feels alone. Another sits at her desk with her co-workers
to her left and right, but she discerns that she is ‘on her own’ in her
principles and standards. Those around her have very little in common with the
Christian view she holds dearly.
Nearly
everyone in her life enjoys movies and books that repulse her. So,
communicating with peers takes energy since she has little to add on the buzzing
topics of the day. The believing woman can make contributions to the atmosphere
by standing strong and not compromising on her core beliefs. Every now and then
she courageously proclaims her opinion, hoping it will be planting the ‘seed’
that will make a difference.
I personally
have been a recipient of strange looks from parents when I made distinct
decisions about what movies my children and teens were allowed to view at movie
theaters. My teen’s television viewing was limited since I didn’t allow certain
sitcoms to be aired within the walls of our home. While my children were young
they were not aware of the unwanted options on television because I was careful
to offer other choices of activity during those hours. After all I believe once
we make a choice to become a parent, we have a biblical responsibility to train
them up in the Lord. Because our stand for the Lord is seen to be ‘a bit
over-the-top’ by some, we have not always been invited to social events or on
that ladies’-day-out shopping trip.
On the other
hand, I thank God the Father for the dearly held friends who have loved and
followed Him for years. When I communicate and visit with these mature couples
I have a deep peace and joy. We relate on our deep victories in Christ and the
burdens we carry in prayer. And the greatest comfort of all is the truth and
reality of God’s Word.
I Corinthians 1 vs. 2 To the church
of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called
to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our
Lord, both theirs and ours… vs. 18 For
the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us
who are being saved it is the power of God.
I Corinthians 2 vs. 10-16 But God has
revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things,
yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man. For what
man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?
Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have
received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we
might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we
also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit
teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does
not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him;
nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is
spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who
has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind
of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment