Thursday, July 4, 2013

I've Been in the Classroom


I haven’t posted for a while. When I began this blog in 2009 I knew in my heart that my spirit prompted me to journal my thoughts and burdens. Today I find myself as driven to stand strong for my Father God through word and deed as I have always been. I cried out to God decades ago, “Father, I long to see Your fullness. Please reveal to me the depth of Your love, power and wisdom.” He has continued to patiently hand-feed me insight into His ways and desires for my life. In fact the Lord recently called me to the classroom.
He has drawn me to a course in ‘deeper prayer’. God has whispered to my heart, “I long to teach you about abiding in the secret place in a depth you’ve not yet known.” He has been my instructor, opening up chapter by chapter of my personalized classroom texts and syllabus.
 
The Word has instructed me many a day. Some mornings I read Andrew Murray’s 1885 book, With Christ in the School of Prayer.  As I have humbly entered the secret place His voice has welcomed me with loving arms. I have been receiving lessons about how to pray more specifically for other believers, how to widen my prayers to include national and church matters with more clarity, and my view of grace for people has found new perception.
 
My attendance in the Throne Room is nourishing to my spirit. The mercy and grace of God is abundant there.  And I have come to the realization that after many years of walking with Him, I’m probably a student who finds herself at the second or third grade elementary level. That in no way discourages me since I know that my tutor is going to promote me year by year as I sit under His tutelage. I’m looking forward to graduation someday for then I’ll be able to sit at His feet and thank Him for the personalized school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...