Years,
actually, decades have passed since I turned my life over to the Lord God. I
had such a deep hunger to learn about God’s will for my life. How do I become a
godly mother and wife? Where should my children be educated?
It wasn’t
long before I realized the social norms often did not line up with the
righteousness and character of God. My journey began, followed by hours of
reading, studying, attending classes, seminars, and church conferences.
Each
follower of Christ develops her own particular burdens for people groups and
causes. I have a deep burden for our nation and its Judeo-Christian foundation.
Secular worldviews have been subtlety attempting to replace the Christian
worldview in schools and churches. Social engineering seems to have successfully
created a gulf between generations on a wide range of social and technological
differences.
There is no
lack of concerns or issues that can keep me awake at night. Not to mention close
friends, brothers and sisters in the Lord, across this nation who are
struggling. Then, of course, are the
dear ones in my local church who hold tender places in my heart.
So many
burdens…hearts and relationships that need mending…confused and lonely ones…persecuted
Christians being martyred…too many burdens to bear. How do I carry such a load!
I can’t, Father. It is too big. May my teardrops be a pathway to Your throne
room, hear my prayer, O Lord.
Photo - Cynthia Bryer

No comments:
Post a Comment