Thursday, January 16, 2014

So Many Promises



Here I am, the list maker, the goal setter…’and miles to go before I sleep’.  This familiar poem reminds me of myself, the promises I wish to keep in 2014 are ones I've whispered to my heavenly Father.
 Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost
I am so excited about the stirring of the Spirit of the Lord within. I have opened my heart anew. I love the fresh start of another calendar year. In some cases God is gently revealing areas of my life that need a ‘refresher course’. And then, He also is rebuking me, “When will you, finally, make My fruit of the spirit qualities permanent! You have promised me over and over again you will. But, my daughter, I love you regardless. I will walk along with you through the days ahead and will help you keep some of those promises. Rest well!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...