I am
stunned! When I began The Word and Today in 2009 I did so based on my passion
for God’s Scripture and the role it held, or did not, in the everyday lives of our
world. Sharing personal struggles and the observations within the Body of Christ
were one aspect of my writings. At times I peered through a prophetic lens
based on my limited knowledge of the many prophetic passages in the Word. Yes,
it is stunning how much the world has changed in just five years!
My spirit is
endlessly nudged and stirred as the Christian worldview seems to be respected less
by families and communities. For decades I’ve watched the media and educators
defy the morals and Christian-Judeo principles upon which our nation was
founded. So have you found yourself in a conversation with folks and they seem
flummoxed when you mention you don’t see many movies at the local theater!Well I was pleasantly comforted by the Holy Spirit recently as I listened to a young missionary family. As their accounts of how God is working abroad fell on my ears, I envisioned His powerful and faithful arm embracing the many new Christians. As I read accounts of the current Franklin Graham Crusade near Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, I am so encouraged. My heart soars as my grandchildren speak with reverence and expectation about their heavenly Father. And without a doubt I am left breathless and filled with hope, peace and joy as I meditate on God’s Holy Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment