Yes, I am
ready for some Pittsburgh Steeler football! It is time to pull out my gold and
black Terrible Towel, curl up on the couch, and cheer on my favorite team.
Alright, alright, I have a confession to make. If a Steeler game is not aired
in my region of the country, I enjoy watching all of the professional teams.
It is hard
to escape all of the football media hype announcing another season – 2014 team
rosters are now established. How I love fall, temperatures dropping, leaves
changing color and football. But I enjoy an excitement every day of the year,
without any media or sermon fanfare, I feel within me an anticipation and
hunger for each new season of service to my King.What a time to be alive! As I read and re-read Matthew 24 and all of the reference passages, I sense that I am living in a season of great importance. Combining my studies of the prophetic scriptures and Jesus response to the disciple’s inquiry, Matthew 24: 3, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” His description of the signs of His return ring true to my spirit. The time is quickly approaching.
I ask
myself, “Am I a cheerleader for Christ with as much energy as I wave my
Terrible Towel for the Steelers?” “When I wear my #43 Troy Polamalu shirt to
declare my approval of the safety’s prowess, am I also clothed with the
character of my Father, revealing His place in my heart and life?”
Am I ready for some football? Yes. Even more, I
say, “Come Lord Jesus, come.”
No comments:
Post a Comment