Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Crying of My Heart


Tears of sorrow reside in my heart. Our world is broken. Christians and Jews are being displaced, tortured, persecuted and killed. Evil darkens streets, cities and wherever it preys. Believers in Christ all over the world are mourning as savage actions are reported through the media.
     
As my spirit weeps I pray for the families enduring the pain of abuse and loss. My God is light. He is powerful and faithful. His presence cannot be extinguished. I know Almighty God is comforting my brothers and sisters in Christ as they walk through this pain.

Yet as I pray and spend time in God’s word, I find myself with a sense of calmness. We – you, me, other believers – are available vessels to be used of God for His purpose in current situations. How would He have us serve? In what manner should we pray? I am praying for penetrating understanding. Obtaining some clarity on how to witness to family and friends is a request I’ve posed to the Savior. Without a doubt, I know He wants me to pray unceasingly.

Almighty God, Jehovah Shammah-Ever Present One, Jehovah Nissi-Battle Fighter, Jehovah Shalom-Giver of Peace, hear my prayer this day. I was born at this time on Your calendar to love You above all else. You know all that is taking place in the world. I lift up all those who are suffering. Speak words of comfort into their spirits. Please grant me understanding and insight that I will be available to minister when You call. I praise You for making a way for our salvation through your Son. Open my ears that I might hear. Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...