Thursday, February 12, 2009
Indeed These Are the Mere Edges of His Ways
When I read God's word I am always amazed that this Creator of all things is watching me, one small and frail creation, stumbling around finding my way through this journey called life. How could what I say or do effect the massive, wondrous workings of His creation as it continuously and without hesitation, moves forward? Amazingly He allows us to contribute to His earthly and heavenly Kingdom as we try to discover His will and then step out to act upon what we have discerned. The Genesis record of the creation and the vivid description of God's majesty found throughout Psalms take my breath away. But I really appreciate the passage in Job, chapter 26, verse 7 - 14: "He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. He binds up the water in His thick clouds, Yet the clouds are not broken under it. He covers the face of His throne, And spreads His cloud over it. He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness. The pillars of heaven tremble, And are astonished at His rebuke. He stirs up the sea with His power, And by His understanding He breaks up the storm. By His Spirit He adorned the heavens; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?"
Oh, to be aware of His majesty and might! How can I grasp the wonder of it all! At times I enjoy a small taste and it is astonishing. To be used of God, in even the tiniest of ways, is to take part in a beautiful plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment