Friday, February 27, 2009

A Pilgrimage I Welcome



Our nation and world are changing. I have spent decades following the changes. I've written congressmen, senators and newspapers. I've actively tried to make a difference. Making that difference, though, takes a lifetime. I was really lifted up this week while reading Psalm 84, verses five through seven. "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, Whose heart is set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion."
After discovering that 'Baca' meant weeping and 'pools' meant blessings I could visualize this pilgrimage of decades past and, God willing, many years to come, with a deep joy and satisfaction. I have had the help and strength of God through each effort. When I have wept over conditions in our world He was lifting me with His strength. As I have embraced the many blessings in my life, yes, He was walking that part of my pilgrimage as well. One day I will appear before God - I hope His words will be, " Well done, good and faithful servant..."
Matthew 25: 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...