Thursday, April 1, 2010

Citizenship




Our Constitution has been part of my reading material this week. Stirring throughout our nation are frustration, discontentment, anger and discouragement. So many citizens of this great land are wondering if elected leaders have forgotten the Constitution and writings of our Founding Fathers. Oh dear, watching the news can be downright depressing. But wait! What are the foundations of my life? In Whom do I trust for my peace? Who am I serving while a citizen of this world? How much of my time and thoughts are to be focused on, "whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things"? Philippians 4: 8

My life will be eternal so, "our (my) citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body...". Philippians 3: 20, 21a I am not in any way saying that I should not be involved in making this nation a better place. In thankfulness for the rights available in our country, I believe I have a responsibility to serve, vote and pray. But, my citizenship with the King is the goal that should shape my actions and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...