Thursday, June 24, 2010
I Am Not Ashamed
I thank God the Father for coming into my life. Over thirty years ago I recognized my sinful and inadequate condition as I stepped forward into a new spiritual realm. Life has not been the same since. Day by day I discovered a very different view of right-living. My desire to understand God's plan for all of His creation pulled me to attend classes, conferences, and extra church services. I eagerly signed up for a fairly long training on evangelism. Part of the requirement of this program was knocking door-to-door and sharing the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ. To say I was hesitant and frightened about canvassing the neighborhood is an understatement.
My passion to help folks find the peace and satisfaction I had found was the greater desire though. So, forward I ventured, my scripture and thoughts memorized. Paul's words in Romans 1: 16 were sealed in my heart and mind, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation, to the Jew first and also for the Greek." This verse stirred me to overcome my apprehension.
Years have passed and I am deeply troubled by the falling away of believers and watering down of God's word. A spiritual life in today's world is fashioned to fit the current situation in any given environment. Some believe the Word of God evolves. Confusion is in the camp. I cannot be involved in the tickling of the ears. My passion is still to help people find true peace and eternal life. For you see, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ....".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment