Wednesday, June 9, 2010
So The World May Believe
I think we usually extend grand application to the Words of God. Certainly, huge and magnificent results can be attributed to each verse, and should be expected. Although I think we sometimes miss the application of the concepts to our everyday routine. I am speaking of the home and its atmosphere. What kind of an environment are we providing by our words, actions and habits? Is the mood of our home inviting? Do the inhabitants feel accepted and safe? Are friends and neighbors drawn to keeping company with those who reside there? And you ask, how does my home atmosphere make a large difference in the Kingdom?
Jesus prayed for all believers in John 17: 21, "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." That the world may believe - that is how our home speaks. Our everyday communication and attitude are reflective of just how 'one' we are with God. Our family members are observing each other, forming opinions, and many times, emulating. Visitors are sensing the presence, or lack of, unity within our walls. Peace, mercy, forgiveness and love speak volumes about our status with the Trinity. This verse challenges us to do better, so that the world may believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment