Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Filled with Love

Celebrating the birth of our Savior has a supernatural way of reminding us to love more often and more completely. In spite of how commercial the holiday has become, it also draws most un-churched people toward kindness and giving. Since our fleshly nature is inclined toward self-absorption it’s refreshing to see so many unselfish acts of kindness in communities and the workplace.

Ultimately though, our greatest expression of love should be to the One who loves us most. In a Billy Graham television interview last year Greta Van Susteren asked, “If you could change the way you did anything over your ministry, would you?” Billy responded immediately, “Yes, I would have traveled less. Not my crusades I would still have done all of them, but I would have attended less conferences and such. I should have taken more time to pray, study and tell my heavenly Father how much I adore Him.

Telling him how much I adore Him….. now that is an excellent way to celebrate Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...