Friday, December 9, 2011

The Joy of Advent


“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.”  John 15: 11     It is our Father’s will that we embrace and abide in His joy.  If we pause to reflect on just a few aspects of knowing Christ personally, our hearts can become full of a deep and thankful joy.  I am astonished by the many times God, through the Holy Spirit, has opened my eyes to insight concerning a puzzling situation.  He has provided knowledge throughout occasional incidents as I strained to understand actions and words of those around me.  He endlessly forgives me as I confess my transgressions.  His heart of mercy stirs me with joy!  Remembering His birth and promised return at this time of Advent has me wondering what the depth of joy will be like when I see Him face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...