Thursday, January 12, 2012
Taste of Joy
The moments that I feel the closest to our Lord are while reading His Word. I’m sure He is speaking directly to me. What a powerful sense of His voice stirs me! Sometimes the words convict, comfort, or soothe. And then, when I close the pages of scripture I find completeness filling my very being.
There is another indescribable joy found within when singing to God in worship. Some songs have lyrics that cleanse and build-up. Isn’t He masterful to have gifted so many to write and produce such moving hymns and songs of praise! Several days ago I had a chance to worship in song with my daughter, son-in-law and two of my precious grandchildren. The blend of their beautiful voices was heavenly. What a taste of joy! I experienced such deep soul satisfaction I found myself speechless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment