Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Womanhood


I really enjoy being a woman.  (In my photo from 1969 I am the naive young woman standing on the right in a brown leather coat behind my Grandmother.)  So many aspects of the female gender are fulfilling and fun.   Being a Christian woman adds dimension, importance and influence to all areas of her life.  I have experienced both times of struggle and times of sureness over the years as I've attempted to become a godly woman.  So I really enjoyed re-reading The Spirit of Loveliness by Emilie Barnes recently.  I couldn't resist sharing this passage.

"To me, a godly woman is someone who possesses inner peace and tranquility; she doesn't have to prove herself to anyone.  She is strong, and yet she doesn't use her strength to control or dominate people; neither does she depend on recognition from others.  Hers is an inner contentment and satisfaction based not on accomplishments, position or authority, but on a deep awareness of God's eternal and personal love for her.

That kind of inner peace, strength, confidence and tranquility comes from depending on God, obeying Him, drawing on His strength and wisdom, learning to be like Him.  When this happens in our lives, we gradually grow free of anxious competitiveness and aggressiveness.  We have no need to prove our worth and value because we know how much we are worth in God's sight. And then we are free to reach out in love to others."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...