Two years ago I moved to a new part of the country. Wondering just where I fit in to my new community I kept my eyes open for guidance. God is always faithful! Within two months I found two Bible study groups that ultimately fed and stirred my heart and spirit. My Tuesday group was composed of two hundred seventy people. The teachings of our leader, pastor-missionary-author Marvin Rosenthal, held me pretty much spell-bound. Friday afternoons I met with about thirty-five Bible scholars who had all retired from their professions. Some were former ministers and others were just as knowledgeable due to their love and study of God’s word. I was surrounded by people who were just as hungry for spiritual food as me.
But now since I’m moving, I must say good-bye. I find this difficult. True enough, there will be fountains of inspiration available in my new community. But, God’s gracious provision is always special and timely. It is so humbling to realize that He would be mindful of me, “What is man that You are mindful of him And the son of man that You visit him?” Psalm 8: 4. So bidding farewell to His supply of sustenance tugs at my heart. For surely He provided these study groups to me “for such a time as this.”
No comments:
Post a Comment