Health? Family? Financial? National News? Worldwide wars?
Future? Where do I invest my thoughts, concerns and energy? How shall I pray?
For many years my true north has been my faith, yet in my
senior years I continue to struggle with peace. God’s word has been and is
still my strength. I am drawn to it daily. How I need my Shepherd and Shield! No
apology necessary. Not a crutch, as some might view my hunger for Truth. My
faith in His inspired word, I view as a gift.
This past week as I
have tried to grasp guidance concerning particular health matters, He utilized
a very familiar verse to touch my heart and mind. “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are
noble, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are
pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there
is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on these things”
Philippians 4: 8 My emphasis has been on, “true.” My, my, my, it’s amazing
how my thoughts stray into their own analysis. One of those ‘flesh’ struggles,
trusting Him in and through all things is the never-ending learning curve.


No comments:
Post a Comment