Thursday, January 15, 2009

Choices



Choices! I just listened to President Bush make his Presidential Farewell Address. He referred to the reality that many citizens of our great country may not have agreed with all of his decisions over his eight years in the White House, but, that he hopes we respect him for being willing to make the tough choices. For me walking with Christ was the easiest choice to make over the last thirty-three years. And since that point I have found it relatively easy to read God's Word and say, "O. K., I'll work at that, Lord." When the tough choices come along, and they will inevitably come, you may find yourself standing alone (at times I'm sure President Bush felt alone), you may lose friends, or you may think your burden is too heavy to bear. Reassuring and comforting words found in II Timothy 4: 7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" sear into our heart, mind and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...