Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Our Treasure Chest
Yes, God and I have a treasure chest. Deep within my heart are stored a multitude of treasured memories of the hand of God moving through my years with Him. His Holy Spirit making appearances to rescue, direct, comfort, sustain, heal, anoint and forgive. There are times when I reach into that strong and durable chest to revisit His faithful power in my life. My Shepherd, what a wonder You are! Those yesterdays are faith-building gems. I can look ahead with anticipation to the pearls and gems of great worth that He and I will place in my special treasure chest. Some of the weightiest memories are the wilderness days when I longed for a mountain top experience. But, God is in control of all; He laid the foundations of the earth. I'll trust in Him for my next treasure. Photo: Orca Owl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cynthia,
ReplyDeleteYou are so right! I have often gone to my treasure chest and allowed Him to remind me of all the wonders and miracles He has brought to my life. Funny isn't it...how in those seemingly darkest moments as we are heartbroken and on our face before Him come the most magnificent gems of His love, comfort and direction. Much of my life is a desert experience and now I know it is so that I can hand a cup of "living water" to those I encounter on my journey through the desert. Some are there passing through, others are there for extended stays....all I know is my God cares, He lifts my countenance, He strokes my hair and wipes away all my tears. He knows my hearts every cry. He will never leave me or forsake me, ever! I am so underserving of all that He lavishes on me. "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope." Ps130:5