Thursday, January 8, 2009

One World or Two?


Today as I read Acts 19 I paused at verse 20, "So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed". As I whispered a prayer for this to become the status of our world today, our nation today, I pensively considered the thought that today's world seems so very different from the world of God's ever-present power. Awe, but wait, the final word in that verse is 'prevailed'. To prevail is to be victorious, or to triumph over something. Hope jumps off the page and into my heart. I love the old hymn, "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less than Jesus blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus' name. On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand". (Edward Mote, William B. Bradbury)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...