Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Year


As I hang a new calendar on my wall I review the past and challenge myself to do better in the new year. Of course, this reveals a lot about my personality. One of the areas of review caused by the Holy Spirit is 'how did I do at looking at the speck in my brother or sister's eye while ignoring the plank in my own'. Whoa! I have a long way to go on this one! I am reminded of one of the precious aspects of God's grace is that He hasn't given up on me. I find myself, daily, being quickened on this very task. I rejoice each time because I know I'm walking this out in fear and trembling. I don't ever want to become comfortable in my present state. I want each new day during this new year to be a step closer to the woman He wants and expects me to become.

photo    Morning Dew - Beginning a New Day  ckb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...