Monday, March 1, 2010

The Gift of People


I believe we are created with a deep desire to love and be loved. There is a lack of fulfillment if that area of need is ignored or neglected. In the search to discover those around us who wish to experience the bond of meaningful friendship, I have noticed the almost automatic flow of willingness to love, among women and men of God. I can relate to Paul's consistent edification to the Christians in his letters. Something very special emanates between those who are leaning on the Word of God for life's deeds and demands.

Marking rites of passage with our fellow believers creates life-long bonding. Laughing and weeping together carry a wealth of depth in these relationships. To forsake the effort and energy required to build an even stronger bond with those in our lives, can rob us of satisfaction and joy. I can't imagine not being in church regularly and missing out on the contagious strength I receive from other Christians. I love hosting tea parties for many reasons, but my ultimate aim is to listen, talk, laugh and cry with my friends of God.
"To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you." Romans 1: 7 - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...