Monday, February 22, 2010

Awaken to Our Senses



While reading Psalm 17: 15, "As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness," I was struck by the word 'awake'. Yes, when the entire seventeenth chapter is read the complete context is clear. David is stating his intent to walk with God as opposed to the path chosen by his enemies. He is trusting in the salvation of his Lord. The concept of being awake to the likeness of God is filled with intrigue.

So, I thought about ways to awaken my senses to God's presence as it moves throughout my day. For example, consider our five senses, can I sharpen my awareness to the voice, light and companionship of the Lord. I intentionally burn aromatic candles throughout my home, (a couple of my favorites - sage & citrus and mulberry) to create a welcoming air to my family and guests. Candle-light presents a warming, intimate presence. Providing beautiful food presentation on each plate and scrumptious scones or muffins for the partaker, speaks to ones visual and taste senses. Much of my planning and timing centers on atmosphere and friendship. My present desire is to be more aware of His whispers, feel and discern His direction clearly, breathe in the breath of His Spirit. I have experienced incredible warmth in my very own living room as I have sensed the sweet Holy Spirit abiding with me in my recliner. While sharing tea and cookies with a group of friends I have known the Light of Truth, as it is revealed through insightful conversation and revelation. How much more of His voice and footsteps am I missing during my day? Excuse me, while I try to sharpen my spiritual senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...