Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nighttime Songs



"The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me...." Psalm 42: 8 Nighttime in a twenty-four day provides our bodies with rest, refreshment and rebuilding. The very thought that we can feel and know God's rest through His songs is amazing. When we close our eyes at night we are really alone. No voices or chatter, the reality that we are alone with Him, in the darkness. A dark night when we are ill or troubled seems to last so long, going on and on. But, it is then, in that stillness, that we can hear so clearly His song.

Nighttime seasons sometimes occur, as well, while living through a difficult span of time. Yet, the Father of songs offers His soothing melodies. The great Composer often reminds us of previous tunes and periods of victory and restoration. "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, And my spirit makes diligent search. And I said, "This is my anguish; But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the works of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. Psalm 77: 6, 10, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...