Friday, May 7, 2010

Seeking What!!!!


I am often puzzled by man's lack of understanding upon reading God's Word. More than a lack of understanding, many continue to reject the reality of God the Father, His Son and Holy Spirit. As I meditate on the scriptures I am unceasingly amazed at the life, energy, conviction and comfort it provides. Then came my realization that I am 'seeking' the Lord as I read.

Deuteronomy 4: 29 says, "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." I am searching His words. I am reaching for His presence. I am hunting through history for life-giving examples. Not everyone who hears of God, His Word, His redemption, His forgiveness is seeking to find Him, but to disprove Him. The religious Pharisees in Mark 3: 2 stood with God's Son. They were close enough to touch and watch Him. But their goal was to find a flaw. They wanted to see if Jesus would heal a man on the Sabbath. They were seeking, alright! But, the desire of their heart and soul was to find wrong and rejection.

The Bible and its ability to reveal sin are threatening to those who want to rely on their intellect, feelings, or reason. It stirs and shakes up a selfish worldview. Hear the cry of the prophet Isaiah: "Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon." 55: 6 and 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...