Saturday, February 9, 2013

So Many Ways...


There are so many ways to honor God. Adoration for Him flows out of our hearts in words and songs of praise. I try to honor Him by abiding and resting in His presence. And of course, prayer reveals our reliance on His direction and comfort.


But lately I have been absolutely renewed in my spirit by soaking in the reverent atmosphere available in my church services. Closing my eyes and being still, I feel humbled just to have the opportunity to sit with other believers and meditate on showing adoration and worship through my presence and attention. Every musical note sounds majestic simply because it is being lifted up to Him. The beautiful stained glass windows seem to be dressed eloquently on His behalf. The ethereal shades of blue, purple and scarlet remind me of God’s detailed instructions to Moses in Exodus on the colors and materials to be used in the Tabernacle.

The word ‘reverence’ means: adoration, awe, devotion, esteem, honor, respect, veneration and worship. Father, I pray that as I sit in my pew among hundreds of other followers tomorrow, that You will receive my prayers, songs and smiles as an offering of devotion unto You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...