Monday, February 18, 2013

Walking in Humility

Ruth Bell Graham
One of the many women of faith I admire

While focusing my spirit and heart on the sacrifice made by Christ during Lent I read Numbers 12: 3, 8 this week. “Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.”  And we know how God the Father and Creator talked with Moses, “I speak with him face to face, Even plainly and not in dark sayings; And he sees the form of the Lord…”
Of course the ultimate example of humility is the Son Himself. “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2: 5-8

The battle rages within me every day: wanting things to go my way, struggling to admit I was wrong, choosing to hold resentment, wishing I was first….

So I found myself asking the Father this morning to empower me in “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”. II Corinthians 10: 5

Tomorrow morning I think I’ll be lifting up the same request to Him, and the next day and the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...