Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Still Love to Tell the Story

My cousin John, myself, my sister Nancy

This morning as I listened to a hymn I learned in my youth, “I Love to Tell the Story” by Hankey/Fischer, I began to weep. The presence of God in my heart took me on a journey back to my childhood. I have very distinct memories of singing the words, sitting on small wooden chairs in Sunday School and in the pews of many churches over the years.
My tears this morning are tears of thankfulness. I longed to know God better throughout grade school, youth group, high school and into adulthood. Deep joy surfaced while singing the words today because I still love to tell the story. Decades later, graying hair, aging wrinkles lining my face and a mind filled with a treasure chest of experiences gained through serving the Lord and I’m still singing the same song! God’s amazing grace continues to welcome my often inadequate efforts to speak on His behalf. “Thank You, Father, Your story satisfies my longings As nothing else can do!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...