Monday, March 18, 2013

Kept by the Power of God


While I am presently enjoying the season and New Testament scriptures relating to Lent, I have been also studying the book of Numbers. So as I read I Peter 1: 3-5 this morning I felt a profound thankfulness for the power of God. I need His power to push and prod me toward righteousness. The battles of self-indulgence, laziness or just the lack of priorities are real.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”  Verses 3-5

The writings of Moses remind us over and over again that to be in God’s presence one must be undefiled.  Verse after verse explains in great detail that the offerings, relationships, lands, sacrificial animals, tabernacle, marriages, court system, vows, etc. had to be undefiled. Without the sacrifice and resurrection of God’s Son it would be impossible to walk in His holiness. His shed blood makes our redemption possible. Thank You, Father God! But Peter knows that we who are created in the likeness of God, need to be reminded to live daily as a reflection of Jesus the Christ. I need the power of God to convict me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...