| come and quench this thirsting of my soul |
But what if indifference creeps into a believer’s heart through weariness, busyness or neglect of prayer – will there be emptiness? Will the lack, created by the void of God’s inspiring Word, cause spiritual dryness? Can communication with our family and friends be as easily infused with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?
Time and time again I have whispered the same prayer, “Breathe on me, Breath of God, Fill me with life anew, That I may love what Thou dost love, And do what Thou wouldst do.” I open my Bible and, yes, He is ever-faithful!
Breathe on Me, Breath of God – Edwin Hatch/Robert Jackson
I'm so glad to have "met" you, Cynthia. By reading only this post, I think I can tell that our hearts share the same Love! I'll be reading more here after some of my Saturday chores.
ReplyDeleteAs for the "old" hymn & songs of the faith...they are second only to My Lord and His Word..."Spirit of God, Descend Upon My Heart"!
Yes, Rebecca, as Anne of Green Gables would say, "I think we are kindred spirits." I really enjoy the writings of 'seasoned' women of God. I am really enjoying your blogs!
Delete