Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Last Supper


During Holy Week many of us attend Maundy Thursday services to observe the last Passover meal Jesus had with his disciples. I am anticipating the service in my church. Twelve men will be portraying the Last Supper. The gentleman representing Jesus Christ will wash the feet of the disciples and serve Communion to all in attendance.

Reading Luke 22: 14 -30 today took me on a journey.  While eating the final Passover meal Jesus said, “I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” The noted reference on this thought sent me to Revelation 19: 9 concerning the marriage supper of the Lamb.

The very thought of being present at the Marriage Supper is breathtaking. Who am I to deserve such an honor? Well, this sinner does not deserve that honor. But, His death, His shed blood, His righteousness, and His grace and mercy extended to me and all believers, offers an invitation to join Him there. All praise and glory I offer to You, Almighty King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...